WHAT CHILDREN WILL LEARN
- Physical - None
- Intellectual - Inventions and technology, asking questions, decision making, problem solving, testing
- Emotional - Confidence, self-directed learner, comfortable and happy with themselves, perseverance, inventiveness, engagement
- Social - None
Gather the materials.
Draw a two lines opposite each other along the length of an empty toilet roll.
Cut along the lines to halve the toilet roll and create the race tracks. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 to create more race tracks.
Stick the race tracks onto a wall. Arrange them such that the toy car can leap from one to another without falling out.
Create a start sign with a piece of sticky note.
Use different cars and have a race with your child to see whose car clears the tracks most quickly.
Skills and Learning Areas:
- Physical – Hand eye coordination, fine motor writing
- Intellectual – Forward planning, value recycling
- Emotional – Engagement, confidence, builds self esteem
- Social – Cooperating and collaborating with an adult